Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summon

I don't usually look or listen to the weather report around here. I mean really, how many times can you hear "recording breaking heat" and still be able to face the day with a smile? However, I did look at the forecast this morning and to my surprise and delight, this is what I saw:



While this may not look particularly exciting to the rest of you, the fact that the weather man is calling for DOUBLE DIGIT TEMPERATURES makes me swoon.The hottest, most miserable part of the year is almost over. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm giddy. Just think! Using the clothesline again. Opening the windows. Playing outside. Bike rides. New spinach plantings. Pants. Oh, I really do miss long pants! So much to look forward to if we can just hang in for another month of so.

In anticipation of tolerable temps, I ventured in to the garage and dug out the seasonal decor box. I've got autumn leaves on my door, pumpkins on my sideboard and my apple spice candles burning. I summon thee 'o glorious autumn! Deliver me from the monstrous heat of summer fair!

So...what does this have to do with green and simple living? Well....nothing. I'm just so dang excited I had to tell somebody. It's been a looong summer. And just in case you are still dealing with sweltering heat, don't forget to enter my Labor Day Giveaway to receive a free copy of Anni Daulter's book Ice Pop Joy. Popsicles make everything better!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment