Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My First Blog Award!!

Holy Moly! Someone other than my Mom has been reading what I write and they like it! I was absolutely stunned and honored to be awarded a "Blog of Substance" award from fellow blogger HomesteadGirl at The Knitty Gritty Homestead. I cannot express how touched I was to be one of her "chosen ones." Thank you!! Blogging about my experiences gives me great joy and those who are living similar lives are a great inspiration to me. Though I've not met them and many live half a world away, my readers have become much more than that. They have become my friends.


The Rules for Acceptance of this Award are fairly simple:

.:thank the blogger who bestowed the Award on you.
.:sum up your blogging experience, philosophy and motivation in five (5) words.
.:pass the Award on to 10 deserving bloggers.

Five words that capture the essence of my blog are:
Learning*Growth*Connections*Simplicity*Joy

And now, the big 10. This was the most difficult part. I read several blogs every single day and all these woman inspire me in one way or another. If you have the time, do stop by and check out what they have to say. I promise it will be time well spent!! Here they are in no particular order...











Thank you, thank you to all who visit. And if you visit one of my friends, why not become a follower and show your support? Plus it strokes the I-Wanna-Be-A-Famous-Writer ego we all have but will never admit to :)

Live Simply, Be Humble,
Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award, and it is so good to be back! lol, love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggled to see my friends' blogs on your list! Hooray! This is great...the reward is the silly glee of knowing that someone (other than your mom!) reads and loves your words...this is great work we're doing! My mom is amazed at blogworld...she wishes women had this connection when she was a young mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...shucks! I've really been enjoying your blog as well...we've been walking the path to a simpler life and trying to be "greener" in the process, (so I appreciate your candid writings as you make your way through it all)!
    Love all this blog love that's going around! Truly we are a blessed and creative bunch of women...so lucky to have this community to share with!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Stephanie thank you so much!

    I was so excited to see you had given me a blog award I was dancing around at work and telling people (did get some strange looks I'll tell ya!)

    I agree with Maureen, all of this blog love is fabulous, an added bonus of blogging that I didn't realise beforehand!

    Thanks for your beautiful words, and I look forward to sharing our journeys with each
    x
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received an award, too, BUT not from my sister over at The Knitty Gritty Homestead. LOL!
    I was about to award you, too, as I think you have some great writing and thoughts ovwer here but looks like The KNitty Gritty Homestead beat me to it. Just so you know I, too, at The Letter Writing Revolution thinks you have a blog with substance. I have listed you as one of my deserving recipients.
    www.theletterwritingrevolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this blog award! I feel flattered to be amongst such inspirational women. I love that sign off phrase "live simply and be hunble". Beautiful. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! You are so sweet! I can see why you got an award, your space is so wonderful. I think I'm hooked :)

    ReplyDelete