Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Right Now

Right now, I am...

Smelling the potato soup on the stove and counting the hours until dinnertime.

Praying for my grandpa who has been in the hospital since Saturday.

Wishing all those people I requested updated addresses from would reply so I can get the Christmas cards in the mail.

Hoping the line at the post office isn't as bad as I think it will be. Note to self: bring bribes for J!

Debating on which cocktail to serve for Saturday's progressive dinner. Decisions, decisions!

Anticipating the first day of December so I can finally let the kids tear in to the advent calenders.

Worrying about my little kindergartener as she takes her first field trip without me.

Basking in the glow of the Christmas tree and the sparkle of the red wrapping paper my Mom used to wrap her gifts.

Trying to slow down and enjoy the magic of the season.


What are you up to these days?





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Listening to my kids negotiate a plan for playing at their "Doggie Day School" while their sister whines like only a 2.5 year old can. Listening to their father negotiate and discipline. Smelling lentil dahl as well as stir fried rice. Telling myself to go down...right....now.

    ReplyDelete